Saturday, January 26, 2019

Best 7 Tips For HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF INSULIN SHOTS - GESTATIONAL DIABETES

Gestational diabetes are really worried about needing to be on insulin and worried about how on earth they're going to inject themselves with insulin If it turns out that they end up needing it because the idea of injecting yourself... Is kind of scary and I'm not going to lie I was definitely one of those people [who was scared] I wouldn't say that I'm totally afraid of needles, but I definitely don't care for them and usually if I'm getting a shot or a blood draw or something, I have to look away Like I can't watch them doing it.

7 Simple Steps To An Effective HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF INSULIN SHOTS - GESTATIONAL DIABETES Strategy as follow:-


1. The idea of having injected myself really freaked me out a little bit because I was like, I can't look away. I have to be looking at what I'm doing and I don't know if I can do this And the first couple of days I had my husband do it for me just to kind of get used to the idea of injecting everyday But my husband is in the Navy, and aside from being away for stretches of time for under ways, being out at sea.
INSULIN SHOTS - GESTATIONAL DIABETES
INSULIN SHOTS - GESTATIONAL DIABETES

2. He also has his duty once a week as well where he has to be gone the entire day And so I knew that I was going to need to get used to the idea of doing it myself Sooner rather than later because when he was gone, I would have no choice So the good news is it actually wasn't as hard as I was afraid that it would be Luckily, the needle is a very thin it's very tiny Even the ones that I first started out with that were longer It still just isn't very bad because it is a very thin needle So most of the time it doesn't hurt.

3. In fact, a lot of times, I don't feel it at all, and even if I feel it, it doesn't necessarily hurt. As long as I don't hesitate too long I mean, that's really the first trick- is don't hesitate If you go to do it really, really slowly, you're going to just be poking your skin slowly and then it is going to feel sharp to you and that is going to kind of hurt or pinch a little bit so you just want to go for it and just get it in there and You'll find that it actually hurts less to do it quickly like that than to hesitate or do it slowly.
INSULIN SHOTS - GESTATIONAL DIABETES
INSULIN SHOTS - GESTATIONAL DIABETES

4. Now hopefully you have a good doctor like I do, where they will have either the doctor themselves, or a nurse or some kind of medical professional will help teach you how to do it But this video is kind of also more so for people who may not necessarily be on insulin yet, but they're kind of afraid of potentially needing to be on insulin, or they know that it's coming and they kind of just want to get an idea of what it's like Of course you want to defer to any instructions that you've been given by medical professionals, if they tell you to do something differently than how I do it, Please listen to them. I'm not a medical professional.

5. But I just want to show you how I was taught to do it from my gestational diabetes nurse and just show you that it really is a lot quicker and easier and not as bad as you might think and you'll be surprised at how quickly you get used to it I've been doing it since 16 weeks I'm 36 weeks now at the time of making this video, so it's been quite a long time of me injecting myself every single day And like I said- I really, really don't like needles.

6. So if I can do it, you can do it! So without further ado Let me just show you what I mean as far as the steps on how to give yourself that insulin First, you take your insulin, you roll it between your hands a few times and mix it up then you Got some alcohol wipes You want to...right on top for about ten seconds... Okay, take your syringe Take off the caps And then you want to pull it to whatever your dose is So for me, that's 12 and then you can take... your vial...to put it in Push in the air.

7. And then pull it back out you want to do it kind of slowly because if you do it too fast, It'll fill with a lot of air Then you want to flick it a little bit Get the bubbles to rise, And then you push out the excess until your dose If there's still any bubbles You might have to push it back in but I don't have any, so we're good.

Next, you're going to take that alcohol swab You're going to swab the area you're going to inject There's a few different places on your body, but the sides is a good spot You just want somewhere really fatty and here's a graphic to show you some other options with the exception of your upper arms, you want to go at a 90 degree angle So when that's dry, You just stick it And then slowly inject it. If you do it too fast, it'll sting and then you wait five seconds before you take it out And [you're] all done!

If you liked this article, then please share to social networking site. You can also find us on TwitterFacebook, Pinterest, Google Plus and Instagram.


Also Read this


No comments:

Post a Comment